What I want to do
Compose a list of tutorials and videotutorials to the main Audiovisual editing Free Libre Open Source Software to facilitate the post-production of investigative materials using free/libre tools. It also includes a list of sites withe free downloadeable multimedia archives. The main purpose is to collect info in a single list of browser bookmarks.
My attempt and results
At the present moment the collection includes tutorials of this aplications:
Using the collection
- download the file ESCUELA.zip
- unzip the file ESCUELA.zip
- you will get a file called ESCUELA.html
- open your web browser (we recommend TOR browser or Firefox)
- open the bookmarks panel
- click on "import from html"
- select the file ESCUELA.html
- in the Bookmarks panel move the "escuela audiovisual" folder to the "bookmarks toolbar" so you'll have the links always at hand
- you can add new tutorials to your collection and erase those you don't want ;)
Questions and next steps
The list is limited to a bunch of aplications so next steps will be going on adding more tutorials of the aplications included and widening the number of apps included.
Why I'm interested
Investigations must be conducted with a certain amount of confidentiallity from the contact with local sources, the boots on the ground, the post processing and the communication of the materials obtained to the arrival of these materials to a court of justice. This confidentiallity in large part depends on the use of free/libre tools, from the cameras we use to the sensors we deploy on the ground to the ways we publish and communicate.
The list will be updated and shared on this post.
UPDATE 15th December 2016
Included around 50 tutorials of ImageJ