Whitney Trade School Class
Make your own spectrometer with Public Laboratory
(title up for discussion) 90 min. | ~20 people 3+ teachers... find out if we need to list everyone in order to be admitted
- Short introduction to PLOTS and to spectrometry
- Gowanus, Gulf Coast contamination w/ PAHs using UV light
- Construct your own
- Examine a variety of materials
- we'll bring some or bring your own -- foods, plants, etc
- Experiment with shapes & designs to improve the spectrometer
- Bring a camera and a cardboard tube!
- Other PLOTS community members and PLOTS tools will be there for unstructured fun.
Send by Sunday, March 6
- Sign up using teacher Trade School form at: http://tradeschool.ourgoods.org/teach/signup/
- Leave the day/time and barter items blank
- In the box for 'maximum number of students' enter 1
- In class description, if there is something important that you want students to bring (ie: yoga mat, digital camera) or know (ie they will be kneeling/laying prone on the floor) list this here.
Send by Wed. March 9th
- A detailed list of materials/equipment you need to teach your class. (ie. chairs, video projector, clipboards/something for your student to write on, extension cords, lighting etc).
- You don't need to list the specialized materials/equipment unique for your class (ie sugar, broken cd roms) We expect you will bring those materials for your class.
- General Materials equipment you already have to teach you class. (ie. power strips)
- The more independent you can be to provide your own materials/equipment the better. We will make every effort to provide you with the materials and equipment that you do not have but need (ie chairs)
- Assistants. Even if you are teaching as a group, having 1-2 assistants will be very helpful, if not essential, for set-up/strike down especially for the cafe classes and mobile classes. Please provide the names, email address and phone number of anyone who will be helping you.