Stewart Long, Shannon Dosemagen and I had our bi-weekly meeting today. We reviewed last weeks list, and set out some deadlines and to-dos:
- KNC - 15th
- FOSS4G - 15th
- list of equipment for C4
- we can start doing the data portal site with basic fields (stewart/jeff)
- appalachian areas of interest -
- skytruth contact?
- http://appalshop.org - Jim Wiley?
- Rock Creek? R. Goodwin, also... Bill Gore?
- chrome on mac knitter failed -- couldn't get it to load base data.
- giving it a first location - doesn't seem to accept lat/lon
- front page changes - adding a slideshow or accordion thing to shuffle through our active projects after showing the first "panel"
- website feedback (shannon will send to Jeff)
- what's the call to action? the prompt? donate? can they be part of it?
- choose next set of posters: round 2 will be 3 in a batch, maybe at 500 quantity
- http://publiclaboratory.org/wiki/maps - we need to choose one more map for round 2
- Budget: up to 6-week fieldwork sessions for close work with a community
- from our academic members, what flexibility for travel/in-depth work comes up in the summer months?
- FOSS4G - April 15 abstract deadline
- video tutorials - contacting kristian hansen? and finding video funding...
- could membership contributions be redefined -- with more concrete returns? related to open source?
Next meeting at 10AM Eastern Friday, April 15th -- email firstname.lastname@example.org to participate!