About Public Lab
Public Lab is a community, supported by a 501(c)(3) non-profit, that develops and applies open-source tools to environmental exploration and investigation. By democratizing inexpensive and accessible do-it-yourself techniques, Public Lab creates a collaborative network of practitioners who actively reimagine the human relationship with the environment.
Position reports to: Open Hardware Community Manager
Commitment: Through January 2020. In January we'll reassess business needs for fulfillment.
Hours: 20-29 hours per week
Days: Daily schedule is flexible between the hours of 9 am - 6 pm, Monday - Friday.
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Where: Providence, RI
Summary: The Kits Fulfillment Coordinator is responsible for supporting Public Lab's Kits Initiative by coordinating sales, packaging, and distribution through our online store.
In this role you will:
- Maintain the online Public Lab store and listings in Shopify and ensure that any new or updated tool components are accurately described on the store website.
- Support the fulfillment of kits including using the Shopify platform to process incoming orders and forward confirmations to customers, kit assembly, running fulfillment and distribution for kit sales, preparing orders, evaluating and stocking inventory, submitting invoices for bulk and institutional orders, to support timely procurement and shipping.
- Collaborate with colleagues in customer communication channels and with the kits team about inventory status so that new orders can be placed in a timely manner.
- Communicate with customers and vendors about fulfillment related questions and resolve any issues in a timely manner to maintain positive customer and vendor relationships.
- Maintain established fulfillment processes in regards to tools, organization, parts, and packaging. If something changes or you find a new solution, you'll document it in detail so that other team members are able to step in to support if/when necessary.
- Adhere to Public Lab values and the Code of Conduct, nonprofit policies and procedures.
This role may be for you if you are:
- A self-starter who provides exemplary customer service: You have no problem checking off items from your to-do list and are ready to help others when they need it without being directed to do so. When fulfillment challenges arise, you keep calm and communicate clearly with anxious customers, explain the next steps, and strive to come away from these interactions with a great solution.
- An exceptional written and oral communicator: You have excellent interpersonal skills - you're a collaborator and a problem-solver who is often praised for your organization and attention to detail.
- Team-oriented: You are able to work collaboratively, both in-person and with remote colleagues, to envision and promote positive change, and to be supportive of others.
- A helper who includes everyone: You'll be working with a highly diverse community of people from many different fields and experience sets-- being sensitive to this in all of your interactions is a must.
- Tech-savvy: You are excited by technology and to learn new programs with support from colleagues. You are interested in or have used technology and are eager to learn new things. You are comfortable with a variety of web-based platforms.
Send your resume and a cover letter addressed to Jeffrey Warren, Director of Research, in a single document to email@example.com with the subject line Kits Fulfillment Coordinator. No phone calls, please.
Public Lab is committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. We encourage people with different ability sets, people of color, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities to apply.