The main aim of the project was to manage too many notifications for subsequent edits and new taggings on nodes. This is the original proposal to the project
- Email notifications without scheduling
This involved sending emails t tag subscribers on new tagging, found here. The issues were broken into the following subsections:
- Check whether a user has gotten any notification regarding new node creation or any of its tagging.
- Check the tags on a node.
- Get the list of users following the new tag.
- Check that for each of the users following the new tag, none is following the existing tags.
- Tests for the above conditions.
Tag addition Notification
This used the above conditions to send notifications. It was done in the following steps:
- Create a mailer template with the notification information.
- Trigger for the new notifications.
- Tests for the notifications. Here is the summary of the work merged.
Precursor to active Jobs
This checks the nodes which are liked, updated, commented upon and posted within the past given period of time time.
Future work to be done
- Active Job Scheduling
Active Job is a framework for declaring jobs and making them run on a variety of queuing backends. This has been broken down and more elaborated here