Finally, the GSoC coding period is coming to an end as I finish up my project. In this post I aim to summarize all of the work I have done during the past months.
GSoC 2018 Work Product - Sagarpreet Chadha
Final deliverables :
This library is a made upon the very popular LeafletJS Library and using this we can choose combinations of layers to display on map . Each layers gives some environment - related information on map in form of small markers . Each marker on clicking shows pop-up with detailed information .
- Repository : Leaflet-Environmental-Layers
- Detailed Blog-Post : 1. Part 1 2. Part 2
- Demo : publiclab.github.io/leaflet-environmental-layers/
- npm : www.npmjs.com/package/leaflet-environmental-layers
Integration of Leaflet-Environmental-Layers to mapknitter and plots2 projects
List of contributions
With over 86000 lines of code and 122 commits , and a lot of debugging over the past few months, I have gained a lot more knowledge about the codebase and internal workings of PublicLab . Here is a list of the different repositories with the commits I’ve made -
Although most of my work is complete and playable, there are still a few things pending :
- Ability to generate permalink with url hash of currently enabled layers , which is already in progress here .
- Caching of request response somewhere to reduce load on API's server , leaflet-environmental-layers/issues/44 .
My experience :
The community has been extremely helpful and the experience was more than I could have asked for .
The mentors are really supportive and helpful and are full of amazing ideas .
I would definitely love to keep up my involvement with PublicLab as a contributor and hopefully as a mentor as well, for the upcoming Google Code In .
About Project :
This project is created as a part of Google Summer of Code program by Sagarpreet Chadha .
Mentors for this project :
• Stevie Lewis
• Bronwen Densmore