During the 2017 Wisconsin Conservation Lobby Day put on by the League of Conservation Voters, Mary Dougherty, a photographer from Bayfield County active against CAFOs (Confined Animal Feed Operations, did a presentation on documenting CAFOs pollution. She presented a list of factors she has been asked to include in video and photos of runoff events from CAFOs.
According to Mary, a video or photo set should include:
- Date and time in the video's time stamp, but also independent date verification in the video such as a phone or newspaper.
- Location information in the video-- such as a cross street
- Direction you're facing, and landmarks to prove it
- Verification of the violator-- a street number, identification of the property, a license plate
- Verification of your identity-- your voice and image in the video.