Yesterday (9/10/14), a group of Wash U students, with Stevie and Scott from Public Lab, went out near Fort Bayou. We balloon mapped the vegetation in the area near the terraces -- using a near infrared camera. We stitched together some of the images we collected (see main image) using Map Knitter, but ran into an issue on Infragram.org converting the stitched image to NDVI. Has anyone attempted to convert a stitched image to NDVI before or is it best to convert the images before stitching?
I have not tried to stitch Mobius photos nor have I used Photoscan. I have stitched many infrared photos including blue- or red-filtered (NGB or RGN) photos. All of these photos were from PowerShots with longer lenses than the Mobius. Here is an example. Here is another. Here is another. All of these panoramas were stitched with Microsoft ICE.
Failure to stitch could be due to inadequate overlap, motion blur, varying camera angle, lens distortion, or improper stitcher settings. You could try correcting the lens distortion before stitching especially if you have a lot of overlap (the corrected photos will be cropped compared to the originals).
Okay, I found some old Mobius Wratten 25 RGN photos taken from atop a 30 foot tall pole over some garden plots. I stitched 30 of them together in ICE and the results are mediocre. The Mobius photos are not very sharp, and the lens distortion seems to interfere with the stitching. But I made a reasonable stitched ortho image with lots of stitching errors.