I would like so help in figuring out this Infragram.org mystery... here are the exact steps I took:
1) I uploaded the image of a little Daisy here in London taken by my friend John with a NIR camera (blue filter 2007):
2) I uploaded the image using "NDVI for BLUE filters" > Colorized and I got this:
3) Then I choose RGB analysis > Run to get the NIR original image and then I select Grey analysis > Default colormap and get this:
4) I wonder why the Daisy is showing red and apply the formula (R-B)/(R+B)*4 and without hitting Run I select Fastie colormap and get this:
5) And when I hit Save, the image I download is this (for some mysterious reason):
6) And the previous image disappears. When I hit download again, I get the image showing the white Daisy colormap again...
7) I try a different formula in that same page - (R-B)/(R+B)*5. And select default colormap to get this:
8) I then select Fastie colormap and get this:
9) I upload the NIR Daisy image again but reduced in size to 800x600. I uploaded the image using "NDVI for BLUE filters" > Basic > Fastie colourmap and get this:
10) I then repeat choosing RGB analysis > Run to get the NIR original image and then I select Grey analysis > Fastie colormap and get this:
11) I then hit Run (same Grey analysis) and then select Fastie colormap to get this again:
12) If I repeat step 12, I get this:
If I repeat steps 1-4 I get the same white Daisy image so there is not randomness there... except step 6 does not happen again. The white Daisy image remains when I download it.
Any insights on any of this would be great! I am keen to learn ;) and even the Great Sherlock Holmes cannot figure out this one...