Research note on this topic: http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/shannon/4-26-2012/list-plots-organizers
Let's create a short description of the "plots-organizers" list here.
- a nomination (person nominating provides statement about why they are nominating) and 2 supporting nominations (i.e. an existing member nominates someone and 2 others would say “i second that” and “i third that”)
- self-nomination (a short statement about your work and the mission statement) + 2 supporting nominations
- other ideas?
Nominations (please list your name if you are nominating and if you are providing a supporting nomination, list your name as well)
- Scott Eustis (nominated by Shannon, second: Jeff)
- Hunter Daniels (nominated by Shannon)
- Chris Fastie (nom. by Jeff)
- Chris has been producing some fantastic video documentation of synchronized cameras and more recently some extremely in-depth documentation on NDVI and dual camera kits. He's offered to organize Vermont-area events and is an experienced flyer and map stitcher. (http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/cfastie/4-10-2012/almost-synchronous-shutters, http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/cfastie/2-22-2012/dual-camera-kap-rig, http://publiclaboratory.org/wiki/ndvi-plots-ir-camera-kit)
- Gabriel Jaime Vanegas (nom by Jeff)
- Gabriel has organized balloon events in Colombia which have been extremely successful (https://www.flickr.com/photos/23385636@N03/6781048182/). I think we should try to engage and support overseas and non-English-centric organizers and Gabriel is a good example of this, although I'm not in good contact with him.